Emerging talent development at Deutsche Bank
For over ten years, Impact designed and delivered a graduate teamwork challenge for Deutsche Bank’s annual intake of 800 global graduates.
The graduates came together from all functions and regions of the global business for this high-intensity experience as part of their onboarding programme. It was designed to reinforce Deutsche Bank’s commitment to community responsibility, encourage retention and build relationships within the graduates’ global network.
As they began their careers with Deutsche Bank, it was essential that the graduates immediately understood how to operate effectively within the business.
Deutsche Bank and Impact worked in close partnership to design an experience that:
- Aligned the learning agenda with Deutsche Bank’s values
- Challenged the graduates with delivering a real project to a client
- Transferred behaviour and learning actions to the workplace
- Confirmed Deutsche Bank’s corporate community commitment
- Raised understanding of teamwork skills
- Developed international/intercultural networks
Impact designed a programme around Deutsche Bank’s values of performance, innovation, customer focus, teamwork and trust. These values were brought to life with a real Community Action Learning (CAL) project that engaged directly with Deutsche Bank’s commitment to sustainable development, community engagement and education.
The event focused on a consequential CAL project. In groups of 50, the graduates worked on a series of real-life projects for schools and youth groups, including creating sensory gardens and vegetable allotments.
The projects provided a live business context, requiring project management, effective allocation of resources, time and priority management, relationship development, customer service and problem-solving.
The project provided a direct link for new hires into the expectations of their role whilst providing a platform for graduates to understand Deutsche Bank’s corporate values and commitment to communities.
Feedback from the graduates showed:
- 99% agreed it was a rewarding experience
- 98% felt that Impact’s onsite facilitation added value
- 99% agreed the projects were appropriate for their graduate programme.