“Under One Roof” - Culture and Leadership Integration
A transformational change process, building an agile & collaborative culture.
Grupa Onet-RASP formed in 2012 after one of the biggest mergers on the CEE publishing market. Impact is supporting Grupa Onet-RASP’s transformational change process, in particular, building strong leadership capacity and culture to integrate multiple business units “Under One Roof”.
The merger of Ringier Axel Springer Media AG and Onet.pl. was seen as an immense challenge as the two companies had many differences including distribution channels (RASP being predominantly print-based media and Onet being a digital publisher) and different history of ownership (Onet being proud of its Polish “start-up” roots with RASP epitomising a cooperate global player).
To prepare and enable the integration of all Grupa Onet-RASP Companies “Under One Roof”, supporting a transformational agenda with two behavioural change focuses:
Focus 1 - Leadership:
Continue to build strong leadership at all organisational levels to create and sustain a common culture of trust and engagement across the organisation.
Focus 2 - Culture:
Prepare and enable an agile business approach to:
• Better anticipate and respond quickly to continuously changing market conditions and customer needs.
• Develop leaders who provide clarity and empowerment for proactive decision making and seizure of new market opportunities.
Working closely with the Group Executive Board, HR Director and Transformation Team, over two years, Impact have developed an integrated change solution to meet the business objectives. This journey included more than twenty initiatives implemented across different layers of the business, including:
• Several ‘top team’ workshops to strengthen teamwork, leadership capacity and prepare for change implementation, supported by executive coaching.
• Modular “Leadership in Action” programme for N-1 managerial population.
• Several strategic workshops for the top 40 leaders.
• Change advisory meetings and innovation workshops
• Linking Grupa Onet- RASP with not-for-profit partner to strengthen the company’s contribution to society.
Impact initiatives have brought people together, resulting in a more collaborative and cooperative culture. The key leaders had the opportunity to develop their leadership capacity and increase trust. The programmes also support the process to create and implement many important strategic business initiatives.
One of the most significant changes is the improved business culture, in terms of more open dialogue and bottom-up initiatives, which are proving crucial for the effective transformation of the business.
Thoughts From Our Client
"Working with Impact is a great experience and leadership journey for all our managers. The way leadership situations are presented - by drilling them down to their essence - is giving us a great learning and reflection. I can see my team personally grow after every session and that is making me personally very proud and happy."
Mark Dekan - CEO Ringier Axel Springer Media AG