Emerging leaders programme at Scottish Power
ScottishPower is ambitious for the future and that future demands great leadership. Working in partnership, we have developed an integrated development programme for future leaders in a rapidly changing business.
ScottishPower is looking to develop tomorrow’s leaders through:
- Courageous leadership providing meaning, structure and value that can create a sustainable future.
- A thorough understanding of business strategy and the challenges of the utility market including renewable energy sources.
- Understanding personal strengths and emotional intelligence.
Impact and ScottishPower have worked in partnership to design an innovative and highly interactive leadership journey. The programme combines individual coaching with powerful experiential development, business speakers and a sophisticated business simulation.
Some supporting mechanisms have been put in place.
- Impact carried out a significant period of cultural immersion in the business.
- Individuals receive ongoing executive coaching.
- A selection of personal challenges tailored to each individual.
- A steering group consisting of key stakeholders.
- A supporting web portal.
"Our leadership journey for emerging leaders has only recently started, but the response from the first modules has been overwhelmingly positive. The shift from learning from a purely theoretical perspective into action has been a welcome if challenging one for participants. The Impact facilitators have assisted the groups to share and feedback information to assist their learning in a positive and constructive way."
Deirdre Macdonald/ Pamela Malkin, Programme Managers