FDDS and Impact Poland have been cooperating for many years. The foundation was originally invited to collaborate as a social partner on Impact development programmes, taking part in Community Action Learning projects with other Impact clients. In addition, using their volunteering days, Impact Poland consultants delivered cooperation and team coaching workshops for the FDDS team.
As a result of the pandemic, new societal challenges have emerged, and FDDS now face a huge amount of new work. In this context, the foundation recognised an urgent need for a restructure.
FDDS approached Impact with the intention of building relations within the new management group and strengthening leadership capacity.
- To increase self-awareness, particularly in terms of how team members interact and communicate with each other at work.
- To equip participants with communication tools that will support cooperation on a daily basis.
- To establish a communication contract as a first step towards working and leading together.
Impact designed and delivered a two-day virtual Team Development "Open Communication" for an eighteen-person team (Management Board and project coordinators). We focused on practical tools and projects supporting open communication, building trust, changing attitudes and improving the effectiveness of the team that faced a lack of mutual understanding. At the end, all participants took part in a comprehensive virtual project based on the Experiential Learning method.
Assessment of participants:
- 9/10 participants agree that the goals of the workshop have been achieved.
- 8.8/10 participants agree that they will use the conclusions, experiences and knowledge gained in the solution in their daily work.
- 9.5/10 participants would recommend this workshop to other people in the organisation.