Developing managers at Capgemini
Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing services, functioning in over 40 countries with more than 190,000 team members worldwide.
Due to continued commercial success and rapid growth, Capgemini Australia recognised the need to strengthen internal engagement and ensure skilful dialogue between their team members. Impact was chosen to design and deliver a suite of coaching-based programmes.
The Capgemini ‘Engage’ programme was developed:
- Establishing a coaching mindset where capability-building dialogue becomes everyday communication, liberating potential, expertise and engagement.
- Normalising challenge as a means of positively maximising working relationships, improving performance and driving the business.
- Embracing a feedback culture that creates a positive growth environment by encouraging honest, authentic, in-the-moment conversations.
Enhancing People Developers (leaders and managers) and team members’ capabilities by:
- Equipping them with highly practical coaching and challenging skills, enabling them to have more effective conversations and open dialogue at any given time.
- Developing their confidence to have structured conversations and their ability to give and receive feedback.
Two key programmes were developed under the ‘Engage’ initiative:
- An in-depth 2-day programme, accessible to all People Developers.
- Bite-size half-day version of the programme is available to all team members.
The programmes included:
- Theoretical and practical inputs to provide a foundation of coaching and challenging skills.
- Opportunities to coach - and to be coached – on real business issues/opportunities
- Building the confidence, willingness and motivation to have regular coaching conversations and constructively manage the performance of others.
- Building an effective toolkit of techniques that can be applied immediately to everyday coaching and challenging situations with team members.
The bite-size programme has been rolled out to over 180 participants and the two-day version to 50 participants.
19% Increase in people developers' (leaders and managers) ability to engage and empower team members
39% Increase in ability to undertake effective coaching conversations
33% Increase in ability and confidence to give feedback to others
37% Increase in effectiveness when challenging others.