Talent Development at UGL/DTZ
UGL is a global leader in outsourced engineering and construction, asset management and maintenance, project management and through their property business, DTZ, in property services. The HR team at UGL/DTZ identified a need for clarity and consistency in people management practices (PMP) and leadership across their global operations.
In line with UGL/DTZ’s competency framework the PMP learner objectives are designed for all people managers to:
- Discuss and agree the responsibilities of a people manager
- Consider the concept of personal style
- Develop core skills in communication, dialogue and influencing
- Improve confidence and ability to manage staff performance through goal setting and coaching
- Improve confidence and ability to manage difficult conversations with all stakeholders
- Work collaboratively and build relationships across the business
To enable and embed a long-term behavioural change the participants are taken on a Learning Journey. A modular programme, with three-days, non-residential, face-to-face development. Workplace learning continues through online resources, practical toolkits and broadened networks.
Since 2012, 200 participants have completed the PMP. We have delivered 21 programs globally across Australia, New Zealand, Singapore and the UK. Participants average a 27% improvement in core skills learnt on the programme.
Learner objective % improvement:
- 39% Personal style
- 26% Communication skills
- 28% Managing staff performance
- 34% Growing talent through coaching
- 33% Managing difficult conversations
- 14% Work collaboratively
- 18% Build relationships across the business