Some teams generate exceptional loyalty, commitment and drive. Others are paralysed by politics, negative emotions and wasted energy. Understanding and mastering the dynamics of team development is crucial if teams are to fulfil their potential and provide the anticipated benefits.
We don’t aim to ‘fix’ or ‘build’ a particular team at a particular moment in time. We work to create a deep awareness of the dynamics of people working together for collective success. We recognise that true team development focuses on individual action, feeling and accountability rather than on vague notions of ‘team’. We provide portable skills and learning for individuals, from Graduate Development to Leadership Development, to ensure that benefits are sustained even when the membership of a specific team changes. In a world populated by virtual, discontinuous and networked teams, this is more important than ever.
Team Development & Management business benefits
- Team members who maintain their improved effectiveness in the face of difficulties and continue to develop
- Sustainable improvements in performance. We align the changes to business outcomes, significantly contributing to both the short term and long term performance of the team, the capabilities of its members and the organisation to which it belongs.
- Success that can be measured. We believe it is vital to agree clear success criteria with you at the outset so that subsequent evaluations are clear and focussed. We ensure that each team determines appropriate, challenging targets that will enable it to measure success. This process can be informed, shaped and measured by information from external sources such as the views of key stakeholders, team diagnostics questionnaires and 360˚ feedback from others in the business.
- Success that can be measured – read more about how we evaluate our work with you
- Going global: read more about our capacity to roll out your team development strategy on an international level
- "It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it" t.co/tmQGPQSIab #BestQuotes2014 @GTD_Impact
- Impact in numbers. What a year! @daveyhw @AndyD_IFL @scarey69 #roundup t.co/RsguZDnsJR
- It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. GuardianWitness t.co/HPoJG4gflI Impact's @Teodora_A_T contribution
- Time to contribute! 2014: Tell us about your year in 100 words - GuardianWitness t.co/q6jr0wX6E7