Developing leadership capacity to accelerate business transformation
Leadership development underpins all of our work. We believe that most organisational processes - change, talent, teams, engagement, innovation, collaboration – stand or fall on the quality of leadership. Leadership proves, over and over again, to be the critical enabling factor. We aim all of our energy and resources at that point of maximum leverage, helping our clients develop their leadership capacity and leadership capital, helping people define themselves as leaders and supplying the practical skills and knowledge that supports them in their journey to leadership.
We understand that there is a limit to what we can do to re-engineer personality. We reject the idea that there is an ideal character for leadership. We work instead from the principle that just about any configuration of human traits and capabilities can be deployed as leadership when a person learns to monitor, manage and master the processes of awareness, decision-making and action. We develop leadership capacity at entry level, building self-awareness, confidence and initiative; we work with the talent that is an organisation’s future leadership and we support the development of a leadership culture. We enable established role-holders and managers to find their natural authority, broaden horizons and develop skills for collaboration, dialogue and innovation. For the most senior managers, we support the development of political awareness, increase skills for scanning and critical thinking and deepen understanding of governance and of the widest social, environmental and economic context of leadership.
The best future leaders are probably already in your organisation. There is no better way to make sure your organisation stays competitive and effective than by challenging, nurturing and enabling your most talented people – and earning the loyalty that is the reward for considered, extended and judicious investment.
Leadership Development - business benefits:
- Action-oriented, self-aware leaders who will improve organisational performance, profit and revenue
- More committed staff and managers, who are more likely to take actions that make a real difference
- Retention of more motivated and engaged people - inspired by their leaders to excel
- Managers who are better able to articulate goals and influence others to help achieve them
- Success that can be measured – read more about how we evaluate our work with you
- Going global: read more about our capacity to roll out leadership strategy on an international level
- RT @Hay_Group_UK: Where will #technology take #HR next. @hay_Group_UK's Adam Burden discusses in @PeopleMgt t.co/0xY7O0LOIY
- Only 8% of leaders are 'transformational'. According to PwC older leaders and women most likely to drive huge change. t.co/FHEIpAFPdO
- Make sure you follow us on Pinterest for more of our favourite quotes. t.co/RB4tb9uVzN #quoteoftheday t.co/mKdCQT1CYz
- Digital overload may be the defining problem of today’s workplace. t.co/kmGihRaBgq