Mitsubishi UFJ Merrill Lynch PB
Exploring CSR through Experiential Learning
Mitsubishi UFJ Merrill Lynch PB Securities (MUML-PB) is a private banking venture in Japan, jointly owned by Merrill Lynch and the Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group. It focuses on serving the investment needs of high net worth individuals and small to medium sized organisations.
Mitsubishi UFJ Merrill Lynch PB Securities (MUML-PB) are aware that their firm’s strength lies in environmental compliance. They therefore approached Impact Japan to create a programme focussing on environmental sustainability.
MUML-PB has a proven track record in reporting and corporate governance. They recognised however, a specific need for their managers to establish a working knowledge around CSR, which they could then drive down through the organisation.
Following initial conversations with the participants, it became clear to Impact Japan that many were operating under the assumption that environmental degradation and global warming were ‘someone else’s problem’. Impact needed to create a programme that showed how individual contribution and leadership by example could make a positive difference.
The first stage was the development of an introductory programme for a select group of middle and senior managers to:
• Gain a basic understanding of common terminology
• Develop insight into the complexity of reducing CO2
• Raise awareness of region-specific environmental issues
• Pinpoint opportunities for making impact
• Have a fun and enjoyable team building event.
After a series of powerful learning experiences this small group of middle and senior managers returned to the workplace armed with possible ways for their firm to minimise its impact on the environment.
Some participants have already begun to implement significant changes in the workplace.
- RT @Teodora_A_T: Last night with the Impact team! #iLeadership #digital @AndyD_IFL @RachaelGarner @mintcake_holly t.co/4p1IRFKZrS
- What's the next event on your radar about?
- @HRswitchon It's the same in our office...there's always the odd one out :)
- That's hilarious!! Risk assess it first! t.co/UDpobqezC4