The Department for International Development Rwanda (DIFDR) is the leading donor organisation to the Government of Rwanda, committed to tackling the extreme poverty endemic in a nation striving to redefine itself.
In response to the complex situation faced by the organisation, DFIDR invited two consultants from the Impact Relief and Development Group to undertake a first-phase assignment aimed at:
- Assessing the extent of issues limiting performance
- Building deeper relationships across teams and functions
- Engaging people with the institutional changes
- Forging a shared sense of direction
The programme achieved significant outcomes on two levels;
- Galvanised the staff around the changes ahead, preparing them to take responsibility for greater personal and organisational performance.
- It lay the groundwork for a programme of extensive organisational reform, based on five key drivers for change: Management and Leadership, People, Teams, Strategic Planning and Systems & Structures.