Focusing on the Future
West LB is a European commercial bank based in Düsseldorf in Germany.
West LB put their graduates through an intensive eight week development programme. Impact was approached to deliver part of this programme, positioned in the first week of their employment with the bank, the Impact module was to act as the springboard for the graduates’ on-going personal and professional development.
Impact, in partnership with West LB, designed a three day ‘Focusing on the Future’ input, to engage and stretch the graduates whilst encouraging them to drive their own learning.
The main aims were to help the graduates to:
• Recognise the importance of self-leadership and develop the potential for leading others
• Understand different personality types and explore how these link to effective leadership and team working
• Explore how their actions and behaviours impact on their working relationships
• Develop and strengthen networks with their peer group.
The programme included a series of projects designed to provide the graduates with opportunities to explore aspects of leadership and team working. The participants also experienced a number of focused individual feedback sessions, an introduction to the Myers Briggs Type Indicator and an exploration of Emotional Intelligence and its links to personal and professional effectiveness.
The programme culminated in the graduates designing and delivering a half-day session in an inner city secondary school for a group of 40 students. This formed part of the school’s Enterprise Skills initiative, and focused on topics such as Interview Skills, Career Advice and Effective Communication. This challenging Community Action Project required the graduates to put to use all of their learning about themselves, leadership and team working in order to achieve a successful result in a real and consequential situation.
"The graduates have been very enthusiastic about their experience; the content, the learning and the professionalism of the facilitators. The Impact programme encouraged participation and ongoing honest feedback and this has resulted in a self-aware group of young professionals, with personal strategies to use going forward when managing themselves and their relationships within the Bank.
I really felt as though Impact worked with us in a true partnership and understood how we wanted the effect of this module to materialise throughout their development programme."
Learning, Development and Graduate Recruitment Manager
"At Impact be prepared to look within. They can provide the key, but only you can unlock the door. What you'll find can enrich your life both personally and professionally. Release your potential…"
West LB Delegate
Read more about Impact's approach to Integrating Graduates
- RT @Teodora_A_T: Last night with the Impact team! #iLeadership #digital @AndyD_IFL @RachaelGarner @mintcake_holly t.co/4p1IRFKZrS
- What's the next event on your radar about?
- @HRswitchon It's the same in our office...there's always the odd one out :)
- That's hilarious!! Risk assess it first! t.co/UDpobqezC4